Hearing Care Professionals
Sprint CapTel phones for Audiologists and Hearing Health Care Professionals
At Sprint, we are dedicated to helping people with hearing loss use the phone again. We are also dedicated to being your resource for connecting your patients with advanced technology. As a hearing health professional, you can offer these great phones for FREE* to your patients!
Who can benefit from a CapTel Phone?
Individuals with hearing loss who have difficulty with understanding others on the phone. Certain dB losses prevent individuals from fully enjoying telephone conversations. With the CapTel phone, your patient will be able to not only listen using their residual hearing (or amplification from their hearing aid) but they will also be able to read everything their caller is saying!
Per recent FCC regulations, individuals with hearing loss may receive an Internet-based CapTel phone free of charge if they complete and submit a Third Party Certification of Eligibility. The Third-Party Certification must be signed by a hearing health professional who confirms that the person applying has a hearing loss and would benefit from IP-based Captioned Telephone Service in order to communicate effectively over the phone.
Professionals qualified to sign the Third Party Certification:
- Doctors (with a hearing-related speciality)
- Primary Physician
- General Practice Physician
- Ear Nose Throat (ENT) Doctor
- Geriatric Practice
- Hearing Related Professionals
- Hearing Instrument Specialists
- Veteran Service Officers (VSO)
- Community-based Social Service providers
- Department of Vocational Rehabilitation counselors
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Speech Pathologists
- Military Veteran Center Counselors
- Doctors, Nurses or other medical or health professionals